A bit of a whirlwind past couple of weeks for me. Spent the tail end of April in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The following weekend I drove out to Houston for a birthday celebration. Then flew out to Vegas the next weekend for a work conference.
Highlights of my adventures:
Outer Banks (OBX)
- Full Moon Cafe & Brewery - Great beer at this place. I had an excellent time hanging at the pub there. It was quiet when we first arrived, but we convinced some folks to stay and have a drink. It quickly filled up with fun and friendly people. I even met the mayor of a city in Virginia that was there on vacation.
- Jolly Roger - good nightlife, fun karaoke
- The water - it was nice to walk along the beach and enjoy views of the ocean and sound from the various restaurants and bars we visited.
- Miller Outdoor Theatre - heard some great Latin music for free on May 4th. If the weather is good like it was for us, it is a great place to enjoy a nice meal outdoors. I was really surprised more Houstonians didn’t show up for the event.
- The Davenport Lounge - good place to unwind and enjoy a strong drink
- Aria Resort & Casino - very nice hotel but it seems that everything in Vegas has become very expensive. I had sticker shock a few times looking at menus and getting my checks at bars/restaurants. I guess I got used to the nice reasonable prices in OBX.
- Fatburger - you can actually get a decent meal for a reasonable price, they have 2 for 1 drink specials, and the outdoor bar which was recently opened is a great place to people watch and it is right in the middle of the strip.